Friday, November 8, 2013

Looking out a different window

There is a saying I once heard 'If you don't like the view then look out another window' and that is what I am doing this week.  Another visit to the chiropractor suggested that I won't be running the marathon in 3 weeks time - I have tendonitis in both archillies and the ITB injury is still causing pain.  As a result I have decided to 'take time to smell the roses' and walk the event.  No more complaining from me about aches and pains and slow running times - I thought this roadside sign that I saw was very apt! 



So I decided to go on a bit of an exploring  adventure this morning which took me through 'Gardens by the Bay' - I am ashamed to say that in the 13 months I have been in Singapore I have never been there despite the Gardens  being less than 5km from my front door.  It is gorgeous. 







I then decided to head up the East Coast and try to find a crossing back over the river rather than walk out an hour and 45 mins and then turn back and as luck (or perseverance) would have it I found a way across the river and wound my way back into the city.  The joys of taking time out to explore!



As I headed home I walked into hundreds of tourists watching the dragon boat racing on the river although I am sure they didn't stay watcing for long as the heavens opened and the rain came pouring down which was a great pleasure for me having walked for more than 3.5 hours in the 32 degree heat.





So although I haven't completed any 32 km runs (or walks) which I would normally have done about three times before a marathon event I am just going to head out on the day and see how things go.  I have another 3.5 hour training walk/run scheduled next week before I start 'tapering off' to freshen up the legs before 1 December and will look forward to another opportunity to explore a bit further.

In the meantime here is my new roller which is supposed to do wonders for ITB injuries - I will keep you posted.










No comments:

Post a Comment