Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Back on the Bike



Well today it was time to get back on the bike - literally!

I have recovered well from my calf injury following the 10km run in the North Shore Marathon event held in Auckland almost 2 weeks ago and I am now in receipt of my new training programme which takes me through to the start line of the Singapore Marathon on 1 December.  The programme includes cross training - biking, aqua jogging and swimming to ensure I don't get any further injuries from too much running.

Today it was a 45 minute session on my bike - named 'Blue Beauty' (she is blue in color after all and the name 'Blue Beauty' sounds like 'You Beauty' - which she always is when I take part in triathlon events).

With all the traffic lights in the neighborhood I prefer to ride my bike on the wind trainer in the apartment - so I set myself up next to the sliding doors so that I could get some air circulating - even if it is hot, humid air.  I plugged in my earphones to listen to some good music and also turned the TV on with the sound muted so I could watch the morning news.  It is always helpful to have something to distract you when the effort required on the bike is getting a bit tough!

I think Blue Beauty is a welcome addition to the lounge :


I have to say it was a bit of a shock getting back on my bike after about 3 months - I have been travelling a bit for work and its easier and more enjoyable to put running shoes on and run around a new city exploring than it is to sit on a stationary bike in a hotel gym.

However, despite the time away from Blue Beauty I did manage to finish the 45 minute session in one piece and I have to say that it felt great to be back in the saddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment